Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Smores Bars

Hey everyone!  I have a request for my smores bars recipe.  I got it from my friend, Ashley.  She gave me the idea & said these are her mom's favorite!


What you need:
3 cups golden grahams cereal
3 cups cocoa puffs cereal (Ashley said she uses Reese's PB cereal instead)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 bag of marshmallows (I used the jumbo marshmallows)
2 tbsp of milk (I ended up adding 1 more)
1/2 cup peanuts (optional - I didn't use these)

First you mix both cereals together in a large bowl.  If you are using peanuts, add them at this point as well.  Then in a sauce pan, I think they said 3 quarts, melt together the PB, marshmallows & milk.  Stir occasionally, it takes a little bit to break down & melt the marshmallows.  I believe this is on the low-medium setting.  Once that mixture is all melted together & smooth, poor onto the cereal mixture.  Mix well so every piece is coated!  Then I take a greased 13x9" pan & pour the whole mixture into that.  I use a piece of parchment paper to press the mixture into the pan so it's nice & flat & even.  Let that sit for 30 min. then cut into squares.  It's ready to eat & yummy!  Btw, not WW friendly...  :)  I don't know the exact points value cause I didn't want to figure them up!  I lost 2 lbs below my goal last week so I figured I could cheat once!  :)

Enjoy!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment