Friday, May 27, 2011

Price match? I think so...

Hey everyone!  So I bought a new TV for my room (& DVD player)!  


I had a $35 gift card to Best Buy so I went there.  Found my TV $40 cheaper at NFM so I asked Best Buy to price match.  I even printed out the online ad that showed it.  Dumb girl had to go look it up herself & after 15 min. told me that the TV I was purchasing was an LED & the one on the ad was LCD.  Well the one on  the sheet I conveniently printed for her was LCD & right next to it was the LED.  Lol...so she went back to the computer telling me she couldn't find a Samsung 22" LED on NFM's website.  I went over there & showed her how I found it & then she tried telling me it wasn't the same model #.  I told her that was fine that I would just go to NFM & buy it then.  After that she's like, "well it's not the same model (which is was cause I can read & could see her screen), but I'll go ahead & price match it this time".  I was like "oh you don't have to, I can just go to NFM & get it."  "Oh no, we can do it."  Hahaha...geez!  I had even gone into Best Buy the previous day, had them GUARANTEE me they could definitely price match that.  Whatever.  Got what I wanted.

Also in the world of retail, I had a crazy idea & went to Wal-mart yesterday.  I hate that place.  Like really HATE it.  But I had to get some groceries + dryer sheets (& ended up getting $40 of extra crap, which is one reason why I hate Wal-mart), so I decided rather than stopping at Hy-vee + Walgreens I'd just try Wally World.  After all it was 2pm on a Thursday so I thought it'd be ok.  WRONG!  I forgot school was out.  There were kids running wild!  And no parents in sight for most of them.  Wow I was super annoyed & hadn't even gotten a cart yet.  And it seems like Wal-mart is getting worse.  I mean, you know that website 'People of Wal-mart'?  (If not, look it up!  lol)  I swear half of those pics are taken at the Manhattan Wal-mart.  Anywho, I was checking out & the cashier had to talk to me about each product I got.  Ok whatever...then some older gentleman came up behind me, dirty as all get out, no teeth, smelled rank {I wish I could've taken a photo!!} & saw I was buying a blender.  He's like "Ya makin' daiquiris?" with a toothless smile.  I said "No, smoothies probably."  "Oh guess ya can make them, too."  I turned around, breathing in fresher air to my right.  Then he goes on to tell me, "One time I tried makin' ice cubes outta booze...didn't work so well.  But I thought that there was a good idear!"  (Not a typo w/the "r").  I was like "Yeah...."   Wow.  Reminder me never to go to Wal-mart again.

So since I haven't had a real blog in awhile, here's what I've been up to.  Monday night Travis & I went to his friends' sons 8th grade promotion.  Here's a pic of Travis & the graduate (the one in formal clothing).


On Tuesday I had an engagement shoot in Topeka (photos coming soon).  Then afterwards I went to lunch (brunch for me) with Grandpa & Grandma.  We drove down by this little Cafe to see what their special was.  Here's what I saw in the parking lot.


Grandpa said it must be the Mexicans' chickens & they got out.  So we continue to drive around the building & see this sign.


Lol - RUN CHICKENS!!  Haha...should've said "FRESH FRIED CHICKEN".  Lol...the only thing that would've made that better is the chickens standing under the sign!  I thought it was amusing.   Gave my grandparents a good laugh.  
Then on Wednesday I babysat one of the doctor's kids.  He was entertaining!  We played lots of games.  He's 4 & it reminded me of the kid from Big Daddy.  "What's the game called?"  "I win!"  Lol  Besides the kid, I made another friend while I was there!


Her name is Cary (sp?).  She is a cuddler!  :)


Well I need to go work on pics.  Just had to vent on that Best Buy crap & wanted to share my HECTIC life with you guys!  Whoever out there might read this.  Anyone wanna be my first follower?  :)

Till next time,
*D*





No comments:

Post a Comment