Thursday, January 17, 2013

Post Inury | Day 12

This post won't be nearly as long as yesterdays.  Not much going on here.  I find it hard to sleep at night.  Not sure if it's the meds or what, but I was up again till 2am last night.  This time however I wasn't sucked in to another episode of Family Feud, but finished reading The Secret Life of Bees, which is am AMAZING book if you haven't read it yet.  I saw the movie several years ago, but kind of forgot a lot of it.  After reading the book, I bought the movie & I am going to watch it tonight.  I am SO excited!  This book was amazingly inspiring.  It warms your heart.  So after my lack of sleep I was woken up around 730am to a howling sound.  At first I was confused, thought perhaps I was dreaming.  Then after I laid there listening to it & really woke up I realized it was my dog, Lucky, howling in the garage below me.
I finally couldn't take it anymore & went downstairs.  He immediately shut up when he heard me get out of bed.  I opened the garage door & he bolted inside with his tail between his legs.  I moved his bed inside so he could lay down, wondering what had spooked him.  I called my mom & asked if she'd ever heard him howl before & she said "Oh yes, he was probably howling at all the sirens we heard this morning.  Just tell him to shut up & he stops."  I look down at Lucky shaking & just laughed.  Oh scardy dog.  I know he hates thunderstorms.  He's hysterical during those.  Anyways, I laid here for about an hour till I was able to fall back asleep.  I definitely wasn't ready to get up.  That's the other end of my late nights, not wanting to get up in the morning.  And I am so sore in the mornings now.  I HATE laying flat on my back, but with my injury there really is no other way to lay.  I think my body must try & flip flop or roll over during the night & the constant battle probably is putting me in pain.  I eventually woke up from my previous "Norco" alarm & realized it was NOON!  Holy cow.  I called Grandpa & he said they'd be up in a few hours.  So I watched an episode of Full House (it was the one where DJ starves herself because she thinks she's fat).  Then an episode or two of Reba, then finally talked myself into getting up.  Ate a little lunch then got myself ready the best I could with one arm.  I had to wait for Grandma to put my hair up for me.  We went to my mom's work so they could see where she works, had to wait 30 minutes or so for her to be done working so we played corn hole.  
It was a lot of fun!  I beat Grandma in the first round, then Grandpa beat both of us!  It really wore me out though.  Phew, I feel old.  We went to Trader Joes (one of my Top 10 favorite stores) & I got stocked up on some stuff.  I've been wanting to go there since September!  They have the best shave cream ever!  It smells good, you don't have to use much so it lasts a long time, & it makes your legs really soft.  And the best part is it's only like $3.50.  My friend, Jess, introduced me to it.  Thank you dear!
I also got some food items, but I don't need to go into all that.  ;)  I'll have a post dedicated to Trader Joes another day.  We went out to eat tonight with my grandparents, which was fun.  It's nice to be able to get out of the house.  My incision site is looking good, or so my nursing friends tell me.  Steri strips still haven't came off yet, but I'm guessing that takes some time.  
Ok this is way longer than I intended so I'll go now.  I am going back to Manhattan tomorrow night to get some stuff.  I need to get my camera because I could have a new niece any day now!  Then I'll be in Topeka the rest of the weekend so I probably won't blog again until Sunday night.  Love y'all to whomever's reading & again, thank you to those for the continued support.  Goodnight!
~D


No comments:

Post a Comment