Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Healthified" Mexican Pasta Skillet

You asked...I answered!

Here's my mexican skillet dish!  I didn't go as "healthified" as they suggested, but that's why I like this...you can change whatever you'd like to make it your own!  I'd love to hear how you change it up!  Leave me a comment!

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 jar organic mild salsa (i used regular salsa - kroger brand)
1 cup organic tomato sauce (i used regular)
1 1/2 cups of water
2 cups uncooked multigrain elbow macaroni
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar (i probably used more than 1/2 cup - love cheese)

1.  Cook beef 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until thoroughly cooked; drain.
2.  Stir in salsa, tomato sauce & water.  Heat to boiling.  Stir in macaroni & corn.  Reduce heat; cover & simmer 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender.
3.  Sprinkle w/cheese.   Cover; let stand 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.

370 calories per serving, 6g fat, 53g carbs, 3g dietary fiber, 25g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment